An Event Apart Nashville Highlights
I’ve been at An Event Apart this week, and it’s been a phenomenal experience. There’s been an insane amount of super-useful information disseminated, and it’s going to take a while for things to get processed and sink in.
There have been a few common themes threaded throughout many of the presentations:
- Your brand happens between devices.
- Bootstrap is a great prototyping tool, but please don’t use it in production.
- Separate content from layout (what year is it, again?).
- Don’t think you can infer context or input method based on screen size.
- Design for
- The stuff we can do with CSS, including animation and layout, is about to get even more powerful, so now’s the time to learn it.
- lol vape pens.
I’ve been super-impressed with the quality of each presentation, as well as how chill all the speakers have been when not on stage. I mean, Brad Frost showed me a gif on his phone. It’s kinda been like Twitter in real life.